Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Addiction?

Hi! My first post here, but I'll save the intro for later... maybe somewhat holding the readers in suspense... or not.

Anyway, since moving to Mexico four months ago I have become an addict. To the Reggaeton music genre. I have heard that it is the equivalent to rap here in Mexico. This may not sound shocking to those that know me. Sure I like rap, so it only makes sense. Right?

A few things have influenced this.
  1. A desperate need to understand quickly spoken Spanish. The necessity factor.
  2. My class is approximately 50% Puerto Rican. The proximity factor.
  3. It is played at all of the local hotspots. The repetition factor.
  4. The ladies love it. The female factor.
So could you conclude that one who learns the language from Reggaeton will sound like he is speaking in Spanish's very own Ebonics? Can you imagine your doctor asking you, "Whats the damn deal!? Looks like that hurts like a biaaatch. Tellyawhat, I got the best dope in town, but it'll cost ya extra." Just a thought....

Adios y nos vemos tarde.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of your persona from the states carrying over into another language. that's great.